Ask God For 10 Things
The Spiritual Checklist for Camp
This summer many of us will attend or lead a summer camp. In my role as a denominational leader, I have the privilege of leading six camps this summer. God has helped me put together some fantastic leadership teams for our summer camping season. I know, though, that we must heed the warning: “Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain” (Psalm 127:1, NIV).
We must ask God to build our camps. We need to pray for God’s favor over the campers and leaders who attend our camps. This is why I’m asking pastors, leaders, and parents to rally their churches together and pray during the summer months for youth and kids’ camps all around the nation.
To assist you in your prayers, here are 10 things to ask God to do during these summer camps:
- Save souls and transform lives. Pray for the lost, the backslidden, and the hard-hearted.
- Show up supernaturally. Pray for Jesus encounters during the worship through songs, the Word, and response times. Pray campers and leaders experience the Holy Spirit and His life-changing power.
- Touch each camper relationally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Pray for healings and miracles.
- Help campers dealing with unforgiveness. Pray they are able to let go and receive all God has for them.
- Remove all distractions that would hinder campers from receiving all God has for them. Pray that addictions and spiritual strongholds would be broken from their lives.
- Work though camp speakers and worship bands. Pray their messages will be exactly what the campers and leaders need to hear from the Lord.
- Protect all those at camp. Pray for the safety and health for every camper and leader.
- Encourage, equip, and empower pastors and leaders during the camp. Pray the camp will help them in ministry when they return home.
- Meet all the needs of the camp leadership teams, camp staff, and church leaders. Pray for God to give them wisdom as they minister to campers and make critical decisions.
- Make this the best week of the year for each camper who attends. Pray for fun, joy, and adventure.